Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (13)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

This weeks teaser comes from Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus.


“It isn’t you,” a voice said behind me, deep & melodic.
I turned and saw him. Raven black hair and eyes that seemed to shift colors – gray, blue, and pale green.
I looked at the headstone, then down at my dirty and torn clothes.
“But it is me,” I whispered.
“It doesn’t have to be.”
The gravestone was changing, the letters shifting.
“You know who it is. You just have to wake up.” He put his hand on my shoulder. “Phe, wake up.”

Pg 1/2

I know its longer than my usual teasers but there there was too much good stuff on one page to pass up.

No comments: